I’ll be traveling to Rhinebeck, New York to Omega for the 2017 Yoga Service Conference in May. I’ve been involved in yoga service work for a while, and founded Share Your Practice in 2015. People approach this work in so many different ways. I’m excited to meet new people and encounter new ideas to add to my existing mental inventory of yoga service knowledge!
- The Art of Compassionate Facilitation (Dr. Melody Moore … and why I see a need for this!) – what I took away
- Cultivating Inner Resilience: Embodied Practices to Help Cope With Disappointment, Difficulty, Even Disaster (Linda Graham)
- Yoga for Underserved Populations: The Science & the Research Evidence (Sat Bir Singh Khalsa) and my questions/thoughts on this exciting topic!
- Best Practices for Cultural Competency: A View from a Historically Black College (Santiba Campbell and Tamara Jeffries) – what I took away from this one, a lot!
- A Sustainable Model for Nonprofits (Brett Cobb)
- Don’t Just Do Something, Sit There: The Transformative Power of Stillness & Its Role in Yoga Service (Gail Parker)
- Changing the Paradigm of Self Care From Individual Act to Communal Covenant (Leslie Booker and Teo Drake)