Is your business interested in donating space for a community/donation-based yoga class on a weekend morning? I’m an experienced yoga instructor who has taught for more than two years in studios, gyms and non-profit settings such as Cook County Jail, a counseling center for survivors of sexual violence, and libraries. I have training in trauma informed yoga and host events to speak to other yoga teachers on resources in this field.
Yoga can be a tremendous tool for self-care. People practice for all different reasons – the mindful physical stretch, the breath awareness that leads to stress relief, even the potential to help in the healing of trauma. Help make this practice more financially accessible.
I’m accepting applications with the hope of identifying a new yoga host partner! Apply here.
Can you offer:
- A clean indoor space big enough to host 20+ participants on yoga mats
- A staff member present for the class/responsible for the premises
- A staff contact who can reply to a text/email confirming space availability each week (that the room isn’t booked or set up with tables/chairs)
- A budget for the teacher – helpful, not required
- Fundraising assistance with a GoFundMe page
- Low or no cost participation for your staff in this class
- Liability insurance with your business listed as “Additional Insured”
- Promotion of your business as the host in the Facebook page used to manage the class
- Discounted rates for yoga classes at other events or partner venues, schedule-permitting
- All information for marketing materials
- A limited number of mats and yoga blocs for free use during the class
- Trauma informed yoga in a “slow flow” style. The pace is suitable for all levels, and geared towards beginners, with little to no weight-bearing on the hands. Verbal cues only, no hands on assists.
- Class is open to the general public as well as those referred by local non-profits and social service organizations. All are welcome!
- Participants join Facebook group to say up to date on any class updates, time changes or cancellations
- Class is pay what you can, $5 donation suggested, with the option to apply to attend at no cost if $5 is prohibitive
- Share Your Practice will create a GoFundMe campaign to raise an initial pool of funds ($320 to ensure there is a $40/class stipend for the teacher for the first 8 classes).
- Initially, 8 classes can be scheduled, with the potential to renew each month and add 4 more, budget permitting – and provided both Share Your Practice and the host facility are satisfied with the collaboration. Amount of donations collected at each class will be made public on the GoFundMe page. If the pool of funds dips below $160 (the teacher stipend for one month), classes will continue to the last date scheduled, then pause until sufficient funds are raised via GoFundMe, or discontinue.
- If classes are cancelled permanently and donations remain, the most recent online donors will be reimbursed first.